Kelly is the Sr. Consultant with Myers Consulting Group, LLC. with over 37 years of tax experience. Kelly spent over 30 years with the IRS with the last 20 as a Sr. Technical Advisor for Washington DC. Areas of expertise revolve around IRC 469 and Real Estate related issues including
- Support on complex tax matters
- Litigation support
- Expert witness
- Passive activity loss limitations on business activities and real estate
- Net Investment Income tax (3.8% Healthcare Tax) IRC 1411. Involved in regulation development, form, and instructions
- Tax Deferred Exchanges-IRC 1031
- Business use of a residence / vacation property under IRC 280A (Lead exam staff for new regulation project)
- Speaker at internal and external tax events
- IRS support included all business units and functions including SBSE, LBI, Appeals, and Counsel
- Consult with Examination staff across the country to resolve complex and substantial tax issues
Kelly speaks to internal and external stakeholders on various topics within his expertise with high energy valuable examples that bringing complex law to an understandable level.
In recent years, Kelly presented at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums and instructed for Auburn University's 2-day Tax Seminar.
Kelly has worked on numerous projects including Revenue Rulings, Revenue Procedures, Regulations, legislative proposals, and implementing new law. Kelly served as a lead in implementing RRA-98 and the rolling out new procedures and training for Exam and Collection.
The ability to identify, initiate, and drive numerous projects and various compliance efforts is key to Kelly's success both within the IRS and externally on personal projects.
New for 2018!! Kelly is excited to announce he is working with Myers Consulting Group, LLC beginning January 1, 2018. In this capacity he will be available for tax consultations, tax planning, speaking engagements, tax controversy, tax seminars, and litigation support.