November 9, 2021
Marchelle Foshee, CPA
What are you doing to prepare for the 2022 tax filing season?
NSA’s First Virtual Member Roundtable was held on November 3, 2021. Many members of NSA joined in the conversation which produced some important information one hopes to obtain when networking with fellow peers.
One of the takeaways produced during the first roundtable was the importance of taxpayers having an online account with the IRS.
Those who have an online account may:
- see your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments;
- see the total amount you owe, including balance details by year;
- see payment plan details, if one is in place;
- see their Economic Impact Payments, if any;
- accept or reject authorization requests from tax professionals; and
- access Child Tax Credit Portal for information regarding their Advance Child Tax Credit payments.
The online account allows taxpayers to securely access their individual account information. The online account can be accessed on the IRS website.
Tax organizers can be a great tool for our clients in gathering the information needed to prepare an accurate return. Clients should bring the following to reconcile payments and determine if additional credit payments are available:
Hope you will join us on December 1 for the next NSA Virtual Roundtable.